In the following few paragraphs we will hopefully cover all you need to know about what we offer and what to do if we don’t always get it right. If we fail to cover anything then please send an enquiry email to email@example.com.
Please note : If you have made a purchase from us, we have required you to read these condition and tick a box confirming your acceptance. If you wish to disagree with these terms and conditions after your purchase, we are unlikely to change or relax the terms or conditions to suit your circumstances. Please read these terms and conditions carefully. If you do not agree with them, please do not purchase from us.
How to Pay (refer to doc T&Cs Payment)
VAT Registration and Exemption (refer to doc T&Cs VAT Reg Exemption)
Shipping (refer to shipping doc)
Warranty (refer to Warranty)
Returns (refer to returns)
FAQ (refer to FAQ)
Legal Stuff (refer to FAQ)
Privacy (refer to FAQ)
1. How to Pay
We are not set up to accept all forms of payment but we will, hopefully be able to offer all forms of payment as we grow bigger.
- Pay Pal : Pay Pal is fast, easy and efficient and allows people who have PayPal accounts to transfer money easily to us. Opening a new account is free.
- Google – End of February 2012
- UK Bank Account Transfer : We will be able to offer his as a service in April 2012.
- EU (not UK) VAT registered businesses may avoid paying VAT by providing a valid VAT number. These will be manually checked, and it may take 1-2 days for your account to be enabled for VATless purchase. Please do not place your order until VAT shows as zero.
- Cheques : We are not able to accept cheques due to processing costs. Cheques sent as payment will be returned
Payment Forms We Are Hoping To Offer:
- Foreign Wire Transfers : We will be able to offer his as a service in April 2012.
- Purchase Order : We welcome purchase orders, but we must ask that they are only made for orders over £100 goods value. Pro forma invoice information can be gathered by putting goods into a basket and proceeding to checkout.
2. VAT Registration and Exemption (refer to doc T&Cs VAT Reg Exemption)
If you’re a Non-UK VAT registered business based within the EU economic area you can avoid paying VAT on your purchase with us by taking the following steps:
- Enter your valid VAT number when registering your account online. If you’ve already registered, send us an email informing us of your VAT number.
- Wait for 1-2 days whilst we manually check your VAT number. If your purchase is urgent, please contact us and we’ll do our best to check your VAT number immediately.
- DO NOT place your order until you see the VAT at checkout go to zero. If it is not zero it means that we have not checked your VAT number yet!
- Requests to refund VAT on purchases made where there is a valid VAT number, but where you have not waited long enough for it to be checked, may incur a GBP20 admin fee to action the refund
General policy : If you chose to ship with Royal Mail then we are more than happy to send your order out with with them. Many people opt for this service as it is often the cheapest, however, standard First Class post comes with no guarantees and therefore if your parcel goes missing we ARE NOT responsible. If you wish to have your parcel posted to you with insurance and/or tracking then we can certainly provide this service. That way, if your parcel does go missing you are able to claim from Royal Mail yourself. If you do not agree to this policy then it better that you do not place an order with us. .
Nanode delivers to many countries across the world. We offer the following shipping methods :
Domestic - to the UK only
Royal Mail 1st Class : Uninsured and untrackable, in most cases (90%) next day delivery to mainland UK.
Royal Mail Special Delivery : Trackable and insured up to £500, in most cases (Royal Mail guaranteed but see below) next day delivery to anywhere in the UK.
International As stated we are happy for our customers to opt for a shipping methods that mean the goods are uninsured, however, we must reiterate that we will not be held responsible for orders that do not arrive. We would always suggest that if you all higher value orders are sent by an
- Airmail : Uninsured and untrackable between 3-5 days delivery to Europe, longer to other parts of the world.
- International Signed For : Trackable whilst in the UK, Insured for up to £500, same delivery speed as Airmail.
- Airsure – Fully trackable and insured to £500. Only available for some countries.
- UPS (various services) : Trackable and insured – delivery speed can be next day for some parts of the world if the correct service is chosen.
- FedEx International Economy : Trackable and insured – delivery speed of 3-5 working days.
- FedEx International Priority : Trackable and insured – delivery speed of 2-3 working days.
Insured method of shipping.
- NEXT DAY DELIVERY lease check with us by email or phone if you require next day delivery. We will do all we can to support this request but due to staffing levels it might not be possible.
- Split orders : We cannot split orders into two or more shipments because of out of stock items, or any other reason. Please only order out of stock items if you are happy with the delivery schedule for those items. Please be aware that one out of stock item can hold up an entire shipment to you. If our stock levels are at fault, we may decide to send your goods to you in more than one shipment.
Free Shipping Conditions
- Free shipping will be offered on orders where the cost of goods before VAT or shipping is greater than £100.
- Free shipping only applies to parcels with a total weight of less than 2kgs.
- Any subsequent shipments necessary to complete the order will be charged at the standard rate.
- The shipping method we use for this offer is Royal Mail Special Delivery, insured for up to £500.
- Free shipping is available to any mainland UK domestic destination.
- We retain the right to change these conditions at any time.
- The free shipping offer only applies to orders placed, and paid for, online.
- If you return goods for refund that consequently bring your goods total to below the threshold for free shipping, we may decide to charge shipping costs out of the amount to be refunded.
- The majority of Nanode goods are sold in kit form and whilst we do all we can to ensure that every kit has all the components present we do, from time to time, mess up and you might find an component missing. We would ask in those situations that you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post the missing component out to you with an apology.
- If you order one of our pre-built or soon to be surface-mounted products and you find a fault with it please send an email to email@example.com and we will look into it for you. We will indeed do our very best to replace it as long as our conditions for return are met. Our conditions are that you check your order as soon as you receive it and that any goods to be replaced must be returned to us within 14 days.
All goods are checked before they are sent out. In the unlikely event that goods are faulty, they must be returned, to Nanode at the address listed on your order invoice. Nanode will not accept goods that have clearly been used more than the amount needed to evaluate their functionality. If the goods are found to be in working condition, and the lack of functionality is a result of lack of knowledge on the customers part, no refund will be made. If this is the case we will always return the goods but the user has to pay for postage.
- Please note : It is your responsiblity to ensure that returned goods reach us. Please use a trackable or insured form of shipping. If we do not receive your package we will not be held liable. Shipping and handling charges are not refundable. We are not responsible for any shipping charges of merchandise being returned to us or returning working items to you.
- Include a brief letter of explanation of why the merchandise is being returned and state your request for either a refund or an exchange.
- Returns for any unaffected development board, programmer, tools, and cables permitted within 7 days from the date of receipt of merchandise. After such time, all sales are considered final. Returns of incorrect ordered items are allowed subject to a 10% restocking fee. What is unaffected? If you hooked it to power, you affected it. To be clear, this includes items that have been soldered to, or have had their firmware changed. Because of the nature of the products we deal with (prototyping electronic tools) we cannot allow returns of items that have been programmed, powered up, or otherwise changed post shipment from our warehouse.
Returned merchandise will be accepted only if
- 1. All returned merchandise must be in its original mint and clean condition. Returns on damaged, scratched, programmed, burnt, or otherwise ‘played with’ merchandise will not be accepted.
- All returns must include all the factory accessories which come with the item. This includes any In-Circuit-Serial-Programming cables. Separate items such as serial cables and metal risers should not be included.
- With your return, enclose this original receipt or a copy of it.
Can I come and collect my order?
Not at present, we operate from a private space that has been given to us by University of London.
When will my order be shipped?
If you have placed your order more than 2-3 working days ago and it has not been shipped, chances are that one or more of the items in it are out of stock. The product’s description will clearly indicate that it is out of stock, and there’s another indication at checkout, that some of your items are out of stock. Items that are out of stock generally come back into stock in 1-2 weeks, sometimes less. However we will endeavor to inform you on the status via email of any component shortages and expected times. Your order can be amended or refunded if you are not happy with the delay period at that time.
Again, the product description will generally give an estimated date for when the item is due back in stock.
My shipment has come but bits are missing ?
We do ensure that all kits come with all you need to build your Nanode but we do make mistakes on some of the smaller components. If you drop us a line to firstname.lastname@example.org we will post the missing item(s) out to you.
How do I build my Nanode
Full instructions with photographs can be found here.
What is the different between the ‘International Signed For’ and ‘Airsure’ shipping options?
Royal Mail say that International Signed For packages are only trackable until they leave the UK. After that the next point of record is when they’re signed for at their destination. Airsure packages are trackable all the way from source to destination, at every point. Both types of shipping are fully insured, but the Royal Mail only offer Airsure to selected number of countries.
How safe is standard First Class post?
Royal Mail 1st Class post is very good considering its low cost. Packages do get lost however. Every year we send out thousands of orders, and only a very few go missing in the postal system. Despite this we recommend that you choose an insured form of post if you wish to guarantee your order’s arrival.
I chose ‘Special Delivery Next Day’ but my order hasn’t arrived – Why?
A couple of things are possible : That your items are not in stock, or that there is a sizeable order backlog, and that we have not managed to send your order on the day you placed it. Also, what the Royal Mail don’t tell you is that SD packages posted on Friday are not delivered on Saturday unless an extra charge is paid. We do not collect or pay this extra charge, and so regrettfully, RM SD shipments will arrive on Monday if they are posted on Friday. Ironically, it is sometimes faster to chose standard delivery. If you order wasn’t sent on a Friday you have a valid reason to complain to the Royal Mail. SD is supposed to be ‘guaranteed’ after all! Please note, regrettably we will not complain on your behalf. Please see the shipping section of this page for more info.
7. Legal Stuff
At Nanode.biz in order to ensure you have a secure and comfortable shopping experience, we have but together some Terms & Conditions to help you and us. Please read through them and if there is anything you are unsure of anything don’t hesitate to contact us at, email@example.com
- In General : All prices on Nanode.biz are given in UK pounds sterling and are exclusive of VAT. (Note: we only accept payment in UK pounds sterling)
- Access to and use of this Web site and the products and search services available through this Web site (collectively, the “Services”) are subject to the following terms, conditions and notices (the “Terms of Service”).
- By using this Service, you are agreeing to all of these terms, conditions and notices, without modification. Furthermore, you acknowledge that the Terms of Service may be updated by us without prior notification.
- Links to third party websites on this Website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave this Website. We have not reviewed all of these third party websites and do not control and are not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. We therefore do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- (a) you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of any logo belonging to `Nanode
- (b) you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around this Website;
- (c) you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any products or services other than our own;
- (d) you do not misrepresent your relationship with us nor present any other false information about us;
- (e) you do not otherwise use any Nanode trade marks displayed on this Website without our express written permission;
- (f) you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
- (g) your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- We expressly reserve the right to revoke the right and can take any action we deem appropriate.
If you would like to link to this Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of this Website, and subject to the following conditions:
E-tail of Products and Services :
By making a request/order you are offering to purchase a product which we will accept to sell to you on the following Terms and Conditions. All requests are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price by us. Dispatch times may vary according to availability and any guarantees warranties or representations made as to delivery times are limited to mainland UK and are on the basis that we are not responsible for any delay in delivery occurring due to postal delays or force majeure. Nanode are absolutely entitled to refuse any request made by you. If your order is accepted we will inform you by emailing you or else by calling you. We will also provide the identity of the party you have contracted with. This may be aAnode or in certain cases a third party. Where a contract is made with a third party Nanode is not acting as either agent or principal and the contract is made between yourself and that third party. When making a request you undertake that all details you provide to us requesting goods or services or bids made at auction are true and accurate, that you are an authorised user of the credit or debit card used to make your request or bid and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods, services or bid. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to these details as soon as possible. The cost of foreign products and services may fluctuate. All prices advertised are subject to such changes.
Payment Terms for Purchase Orders / Account Customers :
For purchase orders, our payment terms are 7 days from the date of goods delivery. We do reserve the right under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 amended by the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002 to charge interest at a rate of 8 % of the total invoice bill plus an admin fee of £40.00 + VAT to cover late payment and recovery if our payment deadlines are not met. The customer will reimburse to the company all costs and expenses (including legal costs) incurred in the collection of any overdue amount.
Disclaimer of warranties :
While we endeavour to ensure that the information on this Website is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this Website. We may make changes to the material on this Website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on this Website may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material. The material on this Website is provided ‘as is’ without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide you with this Website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which but for these terms and conditions might have effect in relation to this Website.
Disclaimer of liability :
We, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering this Website), and any of our group companies and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with this Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of this Website, any websites linked to this Website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing this Website or your downloading of any material from this Website or any websites linked to this Website. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); (ii) fraud; (iii) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or (iv) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. If your use of material on this Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof. You agree to indemnify us fully, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of any breach of the terms and conditions by you, or your use of this Website, or the use by any other person using your registration details.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Nanode, its directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents, and affiliates, from any and all third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, legal fees) arising from, without limitation, your use of the Nanode services, your breach of the Terms of Service, your infringement of any intellectual property right or any other right of any person or entity, or your breach of any duty of confidence or privacy, or any defamatory statements made by you in any form.
Variation of content :
Nanode shall have the right in its absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary any of the content supplied in connection with the Service or which appears on any page of the Nanode Web site.
All information and material submitted by you to Nanode or that you publish on any public area of the Nanode Web site shall be provided by the submitter and accepted by Nanode on a non-confidential basis subject to paragraph 2 above. Furthermore, Nanode shall be granted a perpetual royalty-free non-exclusive license in the copyright of any material submitted and Nanode shall be free to use, edit, copy, republish and distribute (for any purpose) and authorise others to do the same, any such information or material and any ideas contained in such information or material.
Nanode Electronics may at any time terminate or suspend any part of the Service without notice to you.
If any part of the Terms of Service is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of the Terms of Service will not be affected all other clauses remaining in full force and effect. So far as possible where any clause/sub-clause or part of a clause/sub-clause can be severed to render the remaining part valid, the clause shall be interpreted accordingly. Alternatively, you agree that the clause shall be rectified and interpreted in such a way that closely resembles the original meaning of the clause /sub-clause as is permitted by law.
Governing law and jurisdiction :
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
It is prohibited to access the Website from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful. If you access this Website from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Entire agreement :
The above Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement of the parties and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and Nanode. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms of Service will be effective only if in writing and signed by a Director of Nanode.
- This is the web site Nanode.Our postal address is Centre For Creative Collaboration, 16 Acton Street, London WC1X 3LPWe can be reached via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, apologies but we are unable to offer you a phone number.
- Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers on-line will only receive telephone contact from us with information regarding orders they have placed on-line.
- We never make the e-mail addresses of those who access our site available to other organizations. We never make our customer e-mail list available to other organizations.
- For each visitor to our Web page, our Web server automatically recognizes no information regarding the domain or e-mail address.We collect no information on consumers who browse our Web page.
- With respect to cookies: We do not set any cookies. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us in the future, please let us know by sending us e-mail at the above address.
- If you supply us with your postal address on-line you will only receive the information for which you provided us your address.
- From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will post the policy changes to our Web site to notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at our Web site periodically.
- Upon request we provide site visitors with access to all information [including proprietary information] that we maintain about them.
- Consumers can access this information by e-mail us at the above address.
- Upon request we offer visitors the ability to have inaccuracies corrected in contact information.
- Consumers can have this information corrected by sending us e-mail at the above address.
- With respect to security: We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site.
- If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at the above addresses